Birth Bliss: Childbirth Preparation Class
Are you currently pregnant and wondering how you can prepare for your baby's upcoming birth and your postpartum with excitement and confidence?
Birth Bliss is a complete childbirth preparation class which will give you the tools you need to prepare for YOUR blissful birth. Crystal and Maren are passionate birth and postpartum doulas who know the importance of being an active participant in your pregnancy, your birth and postpartum, which is why they designed a birth preparation course full of their best tips for creating a positive experience for yourself, your partner and for your baby!
What will you learn?
- The importance of preparing for childbirth and postpartum.
- Options and rights.
- Creating a Care Preferences Plan (Birth Plan).
- The physiological stages of birth: What’s happening physically and emotionally.
- Birth hormones: Natures pain relief!
- Natural pain management techniques
- Babymoon! How to plan your postpartum for optimal bonding and recovery.
- Breastfeeding with lactation consultant Carlota Carbonell (Nurturing Mothers and Oslo Breastfeeding Group).
- The 4th trimester: Empathy and understanding for the newly born baby, facilitating healthy attachment and a natural continuum.
- The birth partner’s important role! Specific tips for supporting pregnant, birthing and postpartum women while also balancing your own needs.
- 5 hours of practical tools and information for creating a positive birth and postpartum experience.
- All class materials.
- 1 hour lunch! Let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or needs!
- Coffee/tea, drinks and healthy snacks.
- 20 minute yoga nidra meditation (sleep based meditation).
- Special discounts for doula services, birth photography and breastfeeding consultations!
- Private Facebook group.
- List of recommended reading.
- List of recommended care providers including midwives and doulas.
If you can relate to the following statements then this course is for you!
- You want to prepare yourself as much as possible for a natural birth.
- You want to learn practical tools to help you during your birthing and postpartum.
- You want your birth partner to be an active participant involved in this process.
- You want to learn more about your rights and options as a birthing woman.
- You are curious about breastfeeding and how to facilitate a healthy breastfeeding relationship.
- You are a birth partner and want to learn how best to support a birthing woman.
- You are curious about how the continuous support from a doula can benefit your birth.
- You are looking to meet other women and birth partners!
To celebrate the launch of our Birth Bliss course we are offering our next 2 course dates at A Karma World in Oslo for the following price:
Kr2200/couple or kr1700/singles.
(For the January class, registration and payment required before Jan. 1, 2016)
Price after Jan. 1, 2016: Kr2400/couple, Kr1900/singles
This special includes a 60 min private birth preparation consultation catered specifically to your individual situation and needs! This consultation can be done with either Crystal or Maren via Skype or in-person, depending on availability and location. (Value kr650)
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Dates: January 10, 2016
Registration Form: http://goo.gl/forms/WiXieRJHoS
Min. participants: 12 participants (This includes both couples and singles.)
Max. participants: 16 participants (This includes both couples and singles.)