Our infant massage classes not only teach the mechanics of a massage routine, but also different styles of touch, movement, interaction and communication. Infant massage classes are a fun way to learn how to soothe your baby, relieve upset tummies, learn to understand your baby’s non-verbal language and much, much more. Our classes are informal, relaxed, and small enough to ensure you get the personal attention you need.
Why Take a Class?
The easiest and most thorough way to learn to massage your baby is with the help of an IAIM Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI). The strokes and styles of massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated by our experienced instructor. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why babies cry, babies’ body language, relaxation, and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics you will learn.
Each Infant Massage May Stimulate:
- Circulatory and digestive systems
- Hormonal and immune systems
- Coordination and balance
- Learning and concentration
- Muscular development and growth
- Mind and body awareness
Interaction in Infant Massage May Include:
- Promotion of bonding and secure attachment
- Verbal/non-verbal communication
- Development of trust and confidence
- Using all the senses
- Feelings of love, respect, and being valued
The Massage Promotes Relaxation which May be Shown Through:
- Improved sleep patterns
- Increased flexibility and muscle tone
- Regulation of behavioral states
- Being calm and being able to calm themself
- Reduction in stress hormones
Parents May Find that Infant Massage Helps Relieve:
- Gas and colic
- Constipation and elimination
- Growing pains and muscular tension
- Teething discomfort
Private and Classroom Instruction
Our small classes offer a supportive group environment where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun. Each course consists of five sessions lasting 60 to 90 minutes in duration. Each session is held at weekly intervals to allow you and your baby time to absorb all the information and practice the massage. Group sizes are kept small to ensure personalized attention. The recommended age for group classes is from newborn to one year old.
Our instructors are available for private classes for individual, special needs and "Barsel" Groups.
UPCOMING BABY MASSAGE GROUP COURSES - From newborn to 1 year:
Thursday, October 27th (a five week course)